The New Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer, Scott.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyclops
Unaffiliated
Cyclops

Quote : Nobody can do everything... but everybody can do something.

Summer, Scott. Empty
PostSubject: Summer, Scott.   Summer, Scott. EmptyFebruary 4th 2012, 8:09 pm

Scott Summers

Summer, Scott. Scott_Summers_%28Earth-616%29_013

I'll Tell You About Me . . .

Codename:Cyclops.
Aliases:"Slim"; formerly Slym Dayspring, Mutate #007, Erik the Red

Originality: Canon.

Birthdate: Unknown.

Height: 6ft 3in.
Weight: 195lb.
Eyes: His eyes are brown, though because of his mutant powers, they became red, when using his powers. He wears glasses out in public.
Hair: His hair is brown and short.
Body: Cyclops is quite muscular, and well toned.

Identifying Marks: None.

. . .This Is Who I Am

Alliance: Unaffiliated.
Personality: Cyclops is a natural born leader, and is very loyal. He is very vocal on the field, and constantly gives orders and encourages his teammates. He also has no problem correcting and berating anyone who does his own thing, instead of following the game plan. He is very tactical, and likes to have things planned out, before he goes into action. Despite being bossy, he has many good traits, like loyalty. He would give everything to his friends, and hates to see them get hurt.

Despite being vocal on the field, he does not have that many friends outside his teammates because of his reserved demeanor. He talks strictly business, and prefers work over slacking off. Due to this, he gets into arguments frequently with some of his more ''carefree'' comrades, though regardless of anything he says to them, he probably cares deeply for them, which is the reason, he would argue with them. Another weakness of his personality is that he believes he knows best, and will argue his point to the end.

He is very devoted to his cause, and is considered a workaholic. He doesn't like having his leadership skills, or any skills for a matter of fact, questioned. He is not arrogant or cocky, but he is very confident of his skills. He is very bright, and has a ''never say die'' attitude. To sum things up, Cyclops is nothing more then a human being, a human with mutant powers, yes, but like everybody else, he has his own flaws, but he also has his specialties. He believes that even though ''nobody can do everything, everybody can do something''.

Sexuality: Straight.
Face Claim: N/A.

. . . This Is What I Do

Powers: Cyclops has the mutant ability to shoot a beam of heatless ruby-colored concussive force from his eyes. The beams are tremendously powerful and can be used to rupture steel plates and pulverize rock. They are known to be called ''optic blasts.'' He has known to manipulate the width, height and intensity of the red beam. He has also been able to reflect the beam off hard and shiny surfaces. The range of the beam is 2000ft. It has been observed to be focused tight enough to punch a pin hole through a coin, drill through the trunk of a log, and pierce the skin of the Blob. Cyclops has shown the power of his optic blast by blasting through the walls of a hardened building, tunneling through solid rock, and blowing the top off a mountain. The force beams have been measured to be 2 gigawatts.

Cyclops is resistant to the effects of his own powers. Due to a head injury sustained as a child, Cyclops is unable to control his powers, and they spiral out of control, when his eyes are open, as he is unable to shut them off at will. To combat this, he wears ruby quartz lenses in public, and a ruby quartz visor in battle. His power comes from the sun, and is more or less useless, if unexposed to sunlight for a long period of time.

Skills:

Cyclops is an expert pilot of fixed-wing aircraft, a skill he appears to have inherited from his father. It has also been implied that his geometric sense improves his abilities in the air. Cyclops has spent most of his superhero career as the leader of either the X-Men or X-Factor and has developed exceptional leadership skills. Cyclops also has extensive training in martial arts and unarmed combat, holding black belts in judo and aikido. In order to be the leader, you need to be a people person.

Despite being shy in nature, Cyclops has no problem talking to people, and making allies, when it includes the mission. When talking with people regarding a mission, he has found a thing of common interest. This skill comes useful when needed to extort information out of someone by befriending them, but due to the telepathic powers of some X-Men members, Cyclops rarely does it.

Scott is incredibly aware of his surroundings. This has helped him survive in more ways then one. He also has common sense and good judgement, which makes him a good influence and a great leader. His common sense and good judgement has helped some of his more ''rash'' teammates from risking their lives foolishly. This can also be considered a weakness, as sometimes his judgement tells him to abandon a teammate to save the rest, which Cyclops has no problem doing.

Weaknesses:
Cyclops is not immune to Vulcan's powers. Though he is partially resistant to it. Due to the head injury he sustained as a child, he is unable to control his powers, and wears ruby quartz lenses in public, and a ruby quartz visor in battle. It has been noted that Cyclops eyes and brain have become to reliant on ruby quartz rather then his injury. One of his greatest traits, is also one of his greatest flaws. When his leadership skills are questioned, Cyclops will go through all lengths to prove his critics wrong, even endangering the plan, and playing the hypocrite, as he is known as the man that will stick with the plan through and through.

In social situations, Cyclops is not the man he is on the field. He is more or less shy, though he does not let this affect him on a mission. He is cold, when facing villains and will treat them the same as any other. This has earned him the title of ''Fearless'', though because of this, he has gotten into many arguments. He believes in the good of the team, and despite loving his friends, he has been known to abandon some in order to save the mission, and in turn, has made some good friends turn into bitter enemies.

. . . This Is Who I Was

Mother: Katherine Ann Summers (deceased).
Father: Christopher Summers (deceased).
Siblings: Gabriel Summers (brother), Alexander Summers (brother).
Other Important Relatives:

History:

Scott Summers was born to Christopher Summers, a U.S Air Force pilot and Katherine Ann Summers. When flying home from a vacation, their plane was attacked. To save her sons, Katherine threw Scott and his brother Alex out of the plane with the only available parachute. With their parents presumed dead, Scott ended up in several foster homes. Alex was adopted, while Scott was in comatose for a year. He ended up in a orphanage, and in his teenage years ended up under the foster care of Jack Winters, a mutant criminal known as Jack O'Winters. Scott's powers erupted on him, when he shot down a crane, almost killing some civilians. He managed to shoot the crane again, destroying it, and saving the civilians. Despite this, they believed Scott was trying to kill them and formed a angry mob, forcing Scott to flee.

Winters attempted to get Scott to use his powers to help in his criminal activity. Scott often refused, leading Winters to abuse the young boy. Scott attracted the attention of Professor Charles Xavier, who recruited Scott into the X-Men. Being one of the first people, Xavier ever recruited, Cyclops had seen the faction go through many changes, but has always been able to adapt. As a member of the X-Men, Cyclops loyalty and devotion trait was first observed. He was treated poorly by his several foster parents, and never really liked them, and he sees Xavier as a father figure and mentor, and is very devoted to him. Being apart of the X-Men is the first time Cyclops feels apart of a family.

Cyclops eventually becomes field commander of the X-Men, where he develops his leadership skills, and has helped the group face a variety of villains. His bravery, good sense, and leadership proved invaluable in the years he spent with them. While working with The X-Men, Cyclops fell in love with fellow member Jean Grey. Due to his shy and reserved personality, he was unable to express his feelings for her. After the cosmic entity took over Jean and committed suicide, Cyclops believed that his true love had died. This caused him to leave the X-Men and and to sort out the mess that is his life.

Cyclops wandered for many weeks, before being found by a kindly fisherman, who helped him get over his grief. The two become very close, and the fisherman offered Cyclops refuge with him and his family. When The New Nation rose, they attacked the small fishing village. Cyclops was not present at the fisherman's house, and the fisherman was killed. Cyclops was visibly upset after discovering his body. He later hears that he died fighting the mutants, so his family could escape. This ignited Cyclops burning passion to lead, and he set off to find the X-Men again. He hears rumours that the X-Men have disbanded, and as of now, he is unaffiliated with any group, though he secretly plots to bring The New Nation down, and to find his friends again.

. . . But Who Am I?

[size=9]Your Name: Roy.
Experience: 3 years. Though this is the first time I've RPed in a site like this.
Contact: PM on here, Chatbox. I'm very active and devoted to the things I do.
Where'd You Find Us? Forummotion.

RP Sample:

Cyclops sighed a breath of relief, as sat down on the park bench. He and his teammates had just tracked down ANOTHER evil mutant and defeated him. This life was tiring, but somebody had to do it. And that somebody was him. Cyclops didn't choose to be a mutant, it wasn't a choice he made, but he wouldn't have it any other way. He was a mutant. He was a mutant, and he was proud. He opened up his can of cola and drank a good chunk of it in one gulp. His job was thirsty work! He drank the rest of cola before chucking it casually into the bin beside the bench. He looked up at the stars and pondered.

''Sometimes I wonder if the world we're fighting for is worth it. A world of acceptance, where being a mutant doesn't matter. Where mutants and normal humans can live in peace... sometimes, I think that ''Xavier's Dream'' really is just a dream, and not a realistic reality.''

Cyclops sighs again and looks to his left, where he sees a couple of children playing. This makes Cyclops remember his own childhood. But his childhood wasn't one of play. It wasn't skipping rocks in the pond with his friends, or running around in the playground. His parents died, and his foster parents weren't very good parents, and didn't treat Cyclops like a son. Feeding him and taking care of him seemed more like a chore to them, then something they did because they loved him. And even his parents hadn't died, would the children want to play with a mutant? Scott knew the answer to his question.

''Yeah...it's worth it.''
~~-..-~~

Last edited by Cyclops on February 4th 2012, 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : EDITED.)
Back to top Go down
Wolverine
The Resistance [Admin]
Wolverine

Quote : I'm the best at what I do, but what I do ain't very nice.

Summer, Scott. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer, Scott.   Summer, Scott. EmptyFebruary 4th 2012, 8:54 pm

Fist off, Welcome.

I have a few things I'd like to see for your app.

For one, before you can be accepted, we require all members to have an exactly 150x200 avatar for their account.

Looking at your Body section, you don't need to repeat that he's 6'3". I would rather know if he's got an athletic build or a lethal build, not how tall he is twice.

Personality is all good. I don't see any issues with that.

In your powers section, you repeated the same thing three times. Your first paragraph is very good, but I'd rework the second so you aren't repeating yourself and giving him some limitations. Does he burn out? How does he recharge his powers? What material is too strong? And, of course, who can deflect his powers? I know there are some out there.

You make his spatial recognition seem like a power, which it is not. It is understandable he would be able to spot these angles needed to bounce his optic blast off of, but it wouldn't be superhuman. I would also mention that it is a learned skill, as he had to practice to get there. The other skills seem fine, but I have to ask if you know of any leisure skills Scott has?

Weaknesses need to be more than power weaknesses. Here, you would put major character flaws, fears, and an inability to do things the general populace can. You mentioned his shy nature in his history, which would go here, for example.

His history has to include what happened during the rise of the New Nation and his reactions to it. We want to know where he was and what he was doing about it. Also, we want to know where he's been for the last year and what he's doing now. Otherwise, I believe the app is good.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine
The Resistance [Admin]
Wolverine

Summer, Scott. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer, Scott.   Summer, Scott. EmptyFebruary 4th 2012, 10:42 pm

Now that you took out the spatial recgonition, the strenghts section is too short. If you don't want it added, try going with his leadership skills and people skills. He has to have them to be a leader. His spatial recgonition was fine, but having that it was superhuman turned it into another power. By taking that out, it would have been perfectly fine. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that. Also, I should probably ask you to turn the skills into paragraphs, not a list.

Everything else is well done.
Back to top Go down
Cyclops
Unaffiliated
Cyclops

Quote : Nobody can do everything... but everybody can do something.

Summer, Scott. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer, Scott.   Summer, Scott. EmptyFebruary 4th 2012, 10:59 pm

Added the skills, and turned list into paragraphs.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine
The Resistance [Admin]
Wolverine

Summer, Scott. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer, Scott.   Summer, Scott. EmptyFebruary 4th 2012, 11:06 pm

Thank you for your cooperation.

Summer, Scott. Approv11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer, Scott. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer, Scott.   Summer, Scott. Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer, Scott.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The New Nation :: Identification Cards :: Processed Applications :: Accepted Applications-
Jump to: